Many applications now call for single layer or multilayer coating of polymer sheet or metal sheet. Applied Multilayers has developed tools for feeding thin sheet to cylindrical drums and holding the sheet against the drum under tension. CFM machines can be supplied with several drums so that coated sheets can be processed while new sheets are loaded.
- Tools available for 30cm, 60cm and 1m web widths.
- Use of a retractable drum for easy loading/unloading into the vacuum system and for easy loading/unloading to the sheet feeding system.
- Spring loaded sheet tensioning onto the cylindrical drum for intimate contact between sheet and drum for optimised heat conduction.
- Anti-static process for removal of static charge and particle removal.
- Drum handling trolleys for fast insertion and removal of drums.
A 60cm wide polycarbonate web is applied to a horizontal 550mm diameter cylindrical drum.
The sheet is held under spring loaded tension and a cover is inserted prior to rotation into the vertical position for insertion into the machine
Cylindrical drum for coating of flexible sheet